PROPERTY MANAGER FOR LARGE NEW CONTEMPORARY HOME IN THE BUCKS COUNTRYSIDE
- £60,000+ gross p.a. DOE
- Buckinghamshire, UK
- May 2023 Start Date
- Full Time | Permanent
- Live-in (2 bed house provided)
The Chace People team is actively working on behalf of our client, a young family, looking for an experienced Property Manager to oversee the daily operations and maintenance of their 1500 sq m contemporary home in the countryside. The residence is a newly built high quality contemporary main house, new ancillary guest and staff houses, modest gardens and natural countryside landscape. The Property Manager will be responsible for co-ordinating those employed and contracted teams to undertake housekeeping, security, and landscape work while managing the unique aspects of the home. The ideal candidate will possess strong leadership and interpersonal skills, ensuring that the values of the house and management team are upheld and that the property maintains high standards of cleanliness, security, and service. The employers have an exacting, modern, non-formal lifestyle.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Oversee housekeeping staff, ensuring a clean and well-maintained property, including organizing cleaning schedules, monitoring cleaning standards, and managing inventories, laundry, and dry-cleaning services.
- Coordinate with security personnel to monitor cameras, intruder and fire alarms, and manage gate and entry protocols, ensuring the safety and security of the estate and its occupants.
- Manage maintenance schedules and coordinate with contractors for routine and preventative servicing, including fire and security alarm service, window cleaning, mechanical plant maintenance, pool maintenance, sewage systems, AV servicing, chimney sweeps, and garden maintenance.
- Collaborate with landscape gardeners, overseeing the kitchen produce garden, general garden maintenance, and wider landscape management.
- Address property administration tasks, such as managing schedules, maintaining records, and reporting to the Family Office.
- Test and inspect the property regularly to identify potential issues and address client feedback to improve the overall living experience.
- Support Chef services as needed, assisting with food and beverage ordering and coordinating with housekeeping staff for meal preparation and service.
- Manage a caretaker/handyman, overseeing tasks such as pool servicing, external furniture cleaning, log and fire maintenance, and basic gardening.
- Proven experience as a Property Manager or Estate Manager in a high-end residential setting, preferably with experience in managing large homes.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills, able to maintain a positive employer/employee relationship and effectively communicate the needs and priorities of the family.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to manage staff, coordinate with contractors, and oversee the unique aspects of the estate.
- Attention to detail, with a focus on maintaining high standards of cleanliness, security, and service.
- Familiarity with maintenance schedules, contractor coordination, landscape management, and property administration tasks.
- A flexible and adaptable approach, able to handle a wide variety of tasks and responsibilities.
This is a wonderful opportunity for a motivated individual to join a high-profile international family for a long-term position and we’d love to hear from you.
Please note that only candidates with relevant experience and excellent, checkable references need apply.